Yeah, I just wanted to say among all of the other millions of pissed off individuals, that I also am attending Brown Mackie in Akron and yes they do rip you off!!First off it started where it seemed like a great opportunity and the commercials said that you can pick your own classes, day or night, they work with your schedule and that clinicals would only be so far from the school...and that it is affordable...well got news for everyone, they are not!
First I went to sign the papers and they didn't even require you to have a pre-req test to even get into the school, and they rush you through the paperwork and financial aid and didn't even give you a chance to read it, hence the small print they don't want you to see...and don't even explain everything to you...then say oh it's going to be around 2-300 dollars a month..."every student has a payment" and then raise tuition on you every 3 months...which is absolutely ridiculous..!! Oh and the raise it again without telling anyone until the last minute...what started out as a $15,000 school ended up being $29,000 even after all of my financial aid was maxed out and my grants were maxed out only covered $9000 for the whole time of me being there. I am very disappointed in this school...Now as of October 2010, our tuition has increased from $29,000 to an estimated $38-40,000. This is outrageous!!!
Also, if you don't make a payment, they threaten to kick you out!! Isn't that why we are all in school to begin with? We are all here to get careers and make something out of ourselves...and to make money not be in debt by so much money that the first 10-15 years you are flat *** broke!?
I have sent letters and an email to the White House but of course I will never hear anything...I have highly debated on calling Fox * or Channel 19 or someone who can crack this case of fraud and being ripped off...now since this school costs so much and they ripped me off, I am highly doubting that I can go back to school for the actual degree that I want, not to mention trying to find an actual real college or university that will take my credits...The instructors are awesome, just the school is full of lies and is a rip-off...I wish I had never went to this school...Now I have to figure out what to do...does anyone know of a number to call or something we all can do to get these profit schools down?I appreciate everyone's input...
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Student Experience
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "This is a fair and honest review of my experience with DUSTIN VICE and his company http://alliancecoachingsystem.com/. He calls himself a “A professional, top accredited Personal & Business Development Coach,..."
- "If you are thing about buying a Tutor Doctor Franchise think again! This is very poorly run Franchise with Incompetent Management Team.Before you buy you need contact as many..."
- "I placed an order with the website fema-study.com I had successfully paid for the items to be delivered to my email and to my home. The guides were never delivered. I..."
- "Purchased a supposedly 100% leather living room set by Chateau D'Ax from a retailer in our area. Couch, loveseat, chair and ottoman in coffee colored "leather" upholstery. Several..."
- "Walmart # 01895 W Market st. Fairlawn Ohio. I checked out at register 16 on Monday, August 18th 2015 at 6:21 PM. I paid for ALL the items listed on..."
- "Hi I shop at villa in tower city in Cleveland Ohio my name is Cole. I love the shoes and clothes at villa. But this lady Sharon every since she..."
- "NuWave generally sells their ovens with the clear dome that, with regular use, cracks and or self-destructs within 6 months to a year. The cost to replace the dome..."
- "I know that moves can be tricky and I've worked with several national and local companies, but this was the WORST experience with a crew I have ever had. Honestly,..."
- "I recently sold my Goyard St. Louis tote on Poshmark. But Poshmark cancelled the sale and deleted my account saying the bag is not real. They even charged me 20..."