Brown Mackie College - Class Action Lawsuit Against Brown Mackie

Update added by user Jan 16

Ok were getting started i have to get in touch with some particular people that the attorney wants to speak to personally and then everyone and then we file.

Update added by user Sep 13, 2014

Hello

I am still receiving your emails, I'm sure you know in order to be a class action suit we have to have a class.I believe we are close to reaching that point.

I am going to be requesting help from some of the people soon, And update Our attorney accordingly.

Please continue to email me.YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CAMPUS, YOUR SITUATION, AND CONTACT INFORMATION**** if you do not include this information their is nothing i can do to help you.

Thanks

Update added by user Nov 25, 2013

Hello

I'm updating you all letting you know that I am still receiving your emails. Please continue to send me your emails with your contact information and a description of your situation. I have received that wasn't a female and the more clients we have the better off we are. Please continue send your email also I'm going to be meeting with our attorney before the holidays to discuss when we will be moving forward. I have not forgotten about you and we will get your money back. I will try to get in contact would you guys be an email before the end of the year.

Thanks

Update added by user Mar 11, 2013

Hello

I am still receiving emails from all of you and want to thank you.There are so many of us that have been taken advantage of and i want to let you know i have not forgotten and am still working with our attorney and formulating plans on how to proceed.

given the volume of emails and information that pours in weekly there is a mountain of information to review also the emails we receive are from all over the nation and require the assistance of multiple firms in different states. More recently i have been contact by a few employees who have offered their assistance in bringing justice to the individuals and families who have been taken advantage of. Please continue to send me emails * WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, AND A "DETAILED" DESCRIPTION OF YOUR SITUATION* I would also like to remind you that this is not going to be an overnight process and is going to a considerable amount of time before this case is filed. I have received information from former dean's, directors of admissions, financial aid advisors,professors, and other employees as well as many students.

I have not forgotten about any of you and continue to work to help all of us in getting compensation for our time wasted, or money spent, and for being taken advantage of and used.

Please continue to send me your information given the amount of emails received i am not able to reply to all of you individually but your information is stored and forwarded to the attorneys office for review.Thank you i will continue to update as we move forward.

Update added by user Jun 28, 2012

Many of you have commented on this thread.Thank you this offers hope to the thousands of individual\'s and families, that have been robbed of there time, finances, and education.

Please continue to post your comments, and updates so others will know they are not alone. AFTER YOUR POST EMAIL YOUR DESCRIPTION, AND CAMPUS INFORMATION. This is the easiest way for me to process the massive amount of emails i receive daily.

IF YOU DO NOT EMAIL ME PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR DESCRIPTION.I will review your posts whenever possible and contact you via email with confidential updates, and conference times, contact information, and if needed request further documentation.

Update added by user Jun 28, 2012

I am in the process of setting up a conference with our attorney in a central location, Where all potential clients may have the opportunity to meet myself and the attorney representing us in this case. This will give us all the opportunity to submit our information personally and provide detailed deposition\'s of our situation in person. Please continue to email me your campus information and a detailed description of your situation so that i may forward it to our attorney. i will keep you posted on the status of this conference.

You are not alone

Ryan Brasard

Update added by user Jun 28, 2012

Sorry it has been so long since i have updated. This support we have received from all around the united states has been over whelming. We are postponing the suite temporary due to the constant additions to our case. We have everything prepared and are ready to file when necessary. Please continue to contact me via email through Ryan.Brassard@yahoo.com. Please provide Campus information and a detailed description of your incident. Although i might not respond immediately your letters please note that they are immediately forwarded to our para-legal assigned to handle the case.

Update added by user Mar 30, 2012

* Quick update * Tom Connick is now our attorney The support for this suite continues to pour in so we are delaying it, in order to accommodate new arrivals. Our magic number is 5,000. I have not forgotten about you and i am working diligently to make sure our case is bullet proof. Please continue to contact me, I will update further in detail when i have the time.

Update added by user Feb 16, 2012

UPDATE: Today is the day i have traveled to Cleveland, OH to meet with Mr.Connick.

I will meet with him at 10:00 a.m. Est. There are some of you that i still need contact information from. There is still more time if you wish to join.

Please send your contact information to me at Ryan.Brassard@yahoo.com. Also this lawsuit is open to any individual in any state.

Now is the time for your voice to be heard.I will update you all via email some time this week.

Update added by user Feb 08, 2012

Thank You all! I will be Heading to Cleveland, Ohio to meet

Mr. Connick On Thursday, February, 16th. Thank you for responding to this Class action. I have had many people interested. I have a feeling the end of February filing date may take a little longer due to the large turnout. It\'s not over yet!! So anyone who want\'s to join let me know. Thank you for your patience.

Very truly yours

Update added by user Jan 27, 2012

Thank You for your interest in this lawsuit. I have found an attorney who is interested in the case and intends to file in February. I will need those detailed description\'s of your situations with Brown Mackie ASAP. Also as much contact information as you feel comfortable giving out so that he may contact you. I haven\'t forgot any of you and this is a big step we will all take together. Here is the letter from (if you so choose) our attorney. I will be a representative for all of you ( The Class Representative, in Class Action ) through the court process. Please get back with me immediately. Or Thomas J. Connick, Let him know you are contacting him in on behalf of Ryan Brassard about the Claims Against Brown-Mackie. tconnick@dctblaw.com

Sincerley

January 27, 2012

VIA EMAIL: ryan.brassard@yahoo.com

Attention: Ryan Brassard

Re: In re Claims Against Brown-Mackie

Dear Ryan:

As a follow-up to our telephone conversation a few weeks ago, I would like to get together with you and your group of current and/or former Brown-Mackie students that have expressed an interest in joining the class action lawsuit I will be filing shortly.

In that regard, I will need a list of the names of those interested in joining the suit, their addresses and preferably email addresses. I will also need a copy of the agreement they signed with Brown-Mackie. And, finally, I will need a brief synopsis of what their experience was with Brown-Mackie.

I am also still very interested in speaking with any of those contacts at Brown-Mackie that you identified in our conversation.

It is my desire to get this matter filed within the next month. Please advise if you and your colleagues are still interested, and if so, please forward me the above requested information.

Very truly Yours,

Very truly Yours,

/s/ Thomas Connick

Thomas J. Connick

Update added by user Jan 19, 2012

I have been in contact with several attorneys. One attorney in particular sounds promising. He would like to file by the end of February. I am in the process of getting his information sent out to everyone. I need anyone who is interested in joining to send me an in depth description of there experience with Brown Mackie, and contact information to my email. Ryan.Brassard@yahoo.com so that i may forward it to the attorney. I will update everyone as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience i have not forgotten.

Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2011

Hello my name is Ryan Brassard i was a student at Brown Mackie for 3 years. You are not the only one who has been duped by this school and there practices. I left Brown Mackie 6 months ago and am currently organizing a class action lawsuit. I am going to schedule an appointment with my friend and attorney on Monday. I have talked to several former students and they are also willing to join. I knew many people in the school who were taken advantage of being an accreditation issue, Mismanagement of funds, or giving students A's on failed reports so they can keep the "minimum students required" in there class so the school may receive funding, and status. I could go on and on. I intend to go to the campus where i am always warmly welcomed and talk to some students and get some papers put out under the radar at the school so many other victims may have the opportunity for there voice to be heard. i will gladly go into detail if you are interested. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

You are not alone

Helpful? 19 Yes 19 5 No 5
Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 22 #1010488

Has there been any solution to this case? I am currently attending Brown Mackie College in Birmingham, Al. This has been the worst college experience I've ever had. They are fraudulent from the beginning of school to Now. A total Misrepresentation.

Jul 04 #1003670

Hello, my name is Jamie Dean. I was a student at Brown Mackie College Louisville from December 2009 to November 2012. I "graduated" college in 2012 and have yet to be able to find a job with a veterinary clinic once they find out that I attended BMC. Student loan people hound me weekly about my student loan payments. I would like to participate in this lawsuit because Brown Mackie lied and told me they were accredited and that I would be able to work anywhere in the state of kentucky or indiana that I wanted to. my email address is jamie.dean426@gmail.com. I await to hear from you. Have a great day.

May 03 #979485

What was the outcome of this class action case?

Apr 29 #977928

Please get a hold of us. My daughter went there and we were lied to we took out a parent plus loan and was told it was like buying a car, and we could combine. I feel so ***. She doesn't even work in her field but a factory. It's not like buying a car and we were lied to so we would take this out. This school needs to be shut down. morgan2320@roadrunner.com

Lovely

Jan 28 #937945

I would like to be part of this the dean lie to is and told us the credits would transfer over to Miami dade college when they came to speak to the students about the increase in tuition but that is a lie Miami dade did not accept one of brown mackie credits

Dec 17, 2014 #917117 Mesa, Arizona

FIORE V. BROWN MACKIE COLLEGE
MARICOPA COUNTY SUPERIOR COURT
My friend was defrauded by the an education management corporation school

OneHappyBMCStudent

Aug 05, 2014 #852024

Has anyone noticed that no one from the Albuquerque campus is running off at the mouth? Eric Rudie is trying desparately to "fix" the Louisville campus.

1 0 Reply

Jun 09, 2014 #825398 Lewisville, Texas

Is this case still active and taking new clients?

Hooker

Feb 21, 2014 #787341 Radcliff, Kentucky

I was expelled 2 days ago saying that I broke the entire code of conduct. Saying that I was using tobacco in class yet there were at least two other students in my class that made it obvious on a daily basis. I used it once and was reprimanded for it. I was called a sexist in the committee board. The environment was hostile. I'm a veteran that decided they were the school for me to get a future with and all they did is expelled me for using free speech in the designated area. Among many other things.

0 2 Reply

Dec 04, 2013 #752669 Indianapolis, Indiana

I was a student up until November. We never had a teacher and if we did it was a different teacher all the time. I don't believe we should pay all that money to teach our selves. I was a nursing student and they dropped me over having to an emergency surgery.

0 1 Reply

Aug 05, 2014 #852016

Obviously, you did not pass the English either! I DO NOT and WILL NOT believe that you were dropped because of an "emergency surgery." However, if you did have the frontal lobotomy that obviously you did, then you deserve all of your money back!

1 1 Reply
engineer

Dec 26, 2014 #921510 Phoenix, Arizona

Are you so blind... that there must be a glitch in this site that its making people's word wrong on purpose... some people's kids..... Keep your hurtful comments to yourself until you know for sure what the real problem is

RR

Nov 19, 2013 #744320

Hello
I graduated from Brown Mackie 2012. The promise of it all from these lousy scammers when I signed up. Had an instructor that was not qualified, she was teaching clincials and had no more of a degree than the man in the moon for having the position. Her credentials were: She worked at a clinic for over 5 years, so this BM college considered her a professional able to teach. I asked a question in class and was she totally humilated me: I said " I think you may have counted this word incorrect, she looked at it, said, nope, you did not dot the 'i' on it, therefore, its wrong, I replied, ' that is not right to do, this is spelling, not mechanical, dotting the 'i' on the letter is not spelling' she laughed at me, said: " Tough *** Rita, too bad" you got any other problems?" I never spoke again in that class. She failed me. I had passed everything, and was ready to graduate. BM college, tells me, well, to bad, if you want to graduate, you will need to pay cash, because you want your degree and can't have it.' I am out $25,000.00 dollars from these idiots. I feel so scammed and taken by these jerks. It hurts. I have this outstanding student loan, where as this scam college practice has taken my student loan money, which is by the way, compounding interest daily, I can not get a good pay job. When I got hired, it was a bust of a laugh, they said, you graduated from WHERE... ha ha ha :roll
... Show more

1 0 Reply

Aug 05, 2014 #852018

OMG all of you people are *** and yet you can neither write a proper sentence or use the proper words!

0 1 Reply
kris

Aug 29, 2013 #708962 Indianapolis, Indiana

I was a bmc student. I am not allowed to return to finish my last class because I have a previous balance. I received a pell disbursement then was told I was no longer eligible for the grants. It was suggested that I withdraw from classes until I paid the balance. From what I have read on this site, it seems like they are making it impossible for people to graduate.

Ashley

Mar 15, 2013 #623426 Fort Mitchell, Kentucky

I am a student at Brown Makcie currently completing my externship for the paralegal program. 2 years ago I was lied to by brown mackie employees; they told me my credits would transfer to most all schools, that I would have no problem continuing my education. I informed them that I wanted to start with a paralegal degree. I told them that I wanted to obtain my bachelors degree so I could go on to law school and asked them if that would be possible she looked me in the eye and told me yes; that brown mackies credits would be sufficient enough to get me into law school. I later found out that NO other school will take my credits. NO law school will accept my credits. I just wasted two years of my life not to mention the thousands of dollars I spent on a useless education.

3 0 Reply

Aug 05, 2014 #852020

Learn to spell and use proper grammar before trying to be a paralegal. It is mandatory!

1 3 Reply
goldrussh

Jan 16 #931916 Fort Mitchell, Kentucky

Hey **** off about spelling errors you *** ***. Get a life

1-20 of 75 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.