Brown Mackie College - Class Action Lawsuit Against Brown Mackie

Nov 20, 2011
review #276241
Update added by user Sep 13

Hello

I am still receiving your emails, I'm sure you know in order to be a class action suit we have to have a class.I believe we are close to reaching that point.

I am going to be requesting help from some of the people soon, And update Our attorney accordingly.

Please continue to email me.YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CAMPUS, YOUR SITUATION, AND CONTACT INFORMATION**** if you do not include this information their is nothing i can do to help you.

Thanks

Update added by user Nov 25, 2013

Hello

I'm updating you all letting you know that I am still receiving your emails. Please continue to send me your emails with your contact information and a description of your situation. I have received that wasn't a female and the more clients we have the better off we are. Please continue send your email also I'm going to be meeting with our attorney before the holidays to discuss when we will be moving forward. I have not forgotten about you and we will get your money back. I will try to get in contact would you guys be an email before the end of the year.

Thanks

Update added by user Mar 11, 2013

Hello

I am still receiving emails from all of you and want to thank you.There are so many of us that have been taken advantage of and i want to let you know i have not forgotten and am still working with our attorney and formulating plans on how to proceed.

given the volume of emails and information that pours in weekly there is a mountain of information to review also the emails we receive are from all over the nation and require the assistance of multiple firms in different states. More recently i have been contact by a few employees who have offered their assistance in bringing justice to the individuals and families who have been taken advantage of. Please continue to send me emails * WITH CONTACT INFORMATION, AND A "DETAILED" DESCRIPTION OF YOUR SITUATION* I would also like to remind you that this is not going to be an overnight process and is going to a considerable amount of time before this case is filed. I have received information from former dean's, directors of admissions, financial aid advisors,professors, and other employees as well as many students.

I have not forgotten about any of you and continue to work to help all of us in getting compensation for our time wasted, or money spent, and for being taken advantage of and used.

Please continue to send me your information given the amount of emails received i am not able to reply to all of you individually but your information is stored and forwarded to the attorneys office for review.Thank you i will continue to update as we move forward.

Update added by user Jun 28, 2012

Many of you have commented on this thread.Thank you this offers hope to the thousands of individual\'s and families, that have been robbed of there time, finances, and education.

Please continue to post your comments, and updates so others will know they are not alone. AFTER YOUR POST EMAIL YOUR DESCRIPTION, AND CAMPUS INFORMATION. This is the easiest way for me to process the massive amount of emails i receive daily.

IF YOU DO NOT EMAIL ME PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR DESCRIPTION.I will review your posts whenever possible and contact you via email with confidential updates, and conference times, contact information, and if needed request further documentation.

Update added by user Jun 28, 2012

I am in the process of setting up a conference with our attorney in a central location, Where all potential clients may have the opportunity to meet myself and the attorney representing us in this case. This will give us all the opportunity to submit our information personally and provide detailed deposition\'s of our situation in person. Please continue to email me your campus information and a detailed description of your situation so that i may forward it to our attorney. i will keep you posted on the status of this conference.

You are not alone

Ryan Brasard

Update added by user Jun 28, 2012

Sorry it has been so long since i have updated. This support we have received from all around the united states has been over whelming. We are postponing the suite temporary due to the constant additions to our case. We have everything prepared and are ready to file when necessary. Please continue to contact me via email through Ryan.Brassard@yahoo.com. Please provide Campus information and a detailed description of your incident. Although i might not respond immediately your letters please note that they are immediately forwarded to our para-legal assigned to handle the case.

Update added by user Mar 30, 2012

* Quick update * Tom Connick is now our attorney The support for this suite continues to pour in so we are delaying it, in order to accommodate new arrivals. Our magic number is 5,000. I have not forgotten about you and i am working diligently to make sure our case is bullet proof. Please continue to contact me, I will update further in detail when i have the time.

Update added by user Feb 16, 2012

UPDATE: Today is the day i have traveled to Cleveland, OH to meet with Mr.Connick.

I will meet with him at 10:00 a.m. Est. There are some of you that i still need contact information from. There is still more time if you wish to join.

Please send your contact information to me at Ryan.Brassard@yahoo.com. Also this lawsuit is open to any individual in any state.

Now is the time for your voice to be heard.I will update you all via email some time this week.

Update added by user Feb 08, 2012

Thank You all! I will be Heading to Cleveland, Ohio to meet

Mr. Connick On Thursday, February, 16th. Thank you for responding to this Class action. I have had many people interested. I have a feeling the end of February filing date may take a little longer due to the large turnout. It\'s not over yet!! So anyone who want\'s to join let me know. Thank you for your patience.

Very truly yours

Update added by user Jan 27, 2012

Thank You for your interest in this lawsuit. I have found an attorney who is interested in the case and intends to file in February. I will need those detailed description\'s of your situations with Brown Mackie ASAP. Also as much contact information as you feel comfortable giving out so that he may contact you. I haven\'t forgot any of you and this is a big step we will all take together. Here is the letter from (if you so choose) our attorney. I will be a representative for all of you ( The Class Representative, in Class Action ) through the court process. Please get back with me immediately. Or Thomas J. Connick, Let him know you are contacting him in on behalf of Ryan Brassard about the Claims Against Brown-Mackie. tconnick@dctblaw.com

Sincerley

January 27, 2012

VIA EMAIL: ryan.brassard@yahoo.com

Attention: Ryan Brassard

Re: In re Claims Against Brown-Mackie

Dear Ryan:

As a follow-up to our telephone conversation a few weeks ago, I would like to get together with you and your group of current and/or former Brown-Mackie students that have expressed an interest in joining the class action lawsuit I will be filing shortly.

In that regard, I will need a list of the names of those interested in joining the suit, their addresses and preferably email addresses. I will also need a copy of the agreement they signed with Brown-Mackie. And, finally, I will need a brief synopsis of what their experience was with Brown-Mackie.

I am also still very interested in speaking with any of those contacts at Brown-Mackie that you identified in our conversation.

It is my desire to get this matter filed within the next month. Please advise if you and your colleagues are still interested, and if so, please forward me the above requested information.

Very truly Yours,

Very truly Yours,

/s/ Thomas Connick

Thomas J. Connick

Update added by user Jan 19, 2012

I have been in contact with several attorneys. One attorney in particular sounds promising. He would like to file by the end of February. I am in the process of getting his information sent out to everyone. I need anyone who is interested in joining to send me an in depth description of there experience with Brown Mackie, and contact information to my email. Ryan.Brassard@yahoo.com so that i may forward it to the attorney. I will update everyone as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience i have not forgotten.

Original review posted by user Nov 20, 2011

Hello my name is Ryan Brassard i was a student at Brown Mackie for 3 years. You are not the only one who has been duped by this school and there practices. I left Brown Mackie 6 months ago and am currently organizing a class action lawsuit. I am going to schedule an appointment with my friend and attorney on Monday. I have talked to several former students and they are also willing to join. I knew many people in the school who were taken advantage of being an accreditation issue, Mismanagement of funds, or giving students A's on failed reports so they can keep the "minimum students required" in there class so the school may receive funding, and status. I could go on and on. I intend to go to the campus where i am always warmly welcomed and talk to some students and get some papers put out under the radar at the school so many other victims may have the opportunity for there voice to be heard. i will gladly go into detail if you are interested. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

You are not alone

c2521b6
Had an experience with Brown Mackie College?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
OneHappyBMCStudent

Aug 05

Has anyone noticed that no one from the Albuquerque campus is running off at the mouth? Eric Rudie is trying desparately to "fix" the Louisville campus.

Hooker

Feb 21 Radcliff, Kentucky

I was expelled 2 days ago saying that I broke the entire code of conduct. Saying that I was using tobacco in class yet there were at least two other students in my class that made it obvious on a daily basis. I used it once and was reprimanded for it. I was called a sexist in the committee board. The environment was hostile. I'm a veteran that decided they were the school for me to get a future with and all they did is expelled me for using free speech in the designated area. Among many other things.

Dec 04, 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana

I was a student up until November. We never had a teacher and if we did it was a different teacher all the time. I don't believe we should pay all that money to teach our selves. I was a nursing student and they dropped me over having to an emergency surgery.

Aug 05

Obviously, you did not pass the English either! I DO NOT and WILL NOT believe that you were dropped because of an "emergency surgery." However, if you did have the frontal lobotomy that obviously you did, then you deserve all of your money back!

1 1 Reply
RR

Nov 19, 2013

Hello
I graduated from Brown Mackie 2012. The promise of it all from these lousy scammers when I signed up. Had an instructor that was not qualified, she was teaching clincials and had no more of a degree than the man in the moon for having the position. Her credentials were: She worked at a clinic for over 5 years, so this BM college considered her a professional able to teach. I asked a question in class and was she totally humilated me: I said " I think you may have counted this word incorrect, she looked at it, said, nope, you did not dot the 'i' on it, therefore, its wrong, I replied, ' that is not right to do, this is spelling, not mechanical, dotting the 'i' on the letter is not spelling' she laughed at me, said: " Tough *** Rita, too bad" you got any other problems?" I never spoke again in that class. She failed me. I had passed everything, and was ready to graduate. BM college, tells me, well, to bad, if you want to graduate, you will need to pay cash, because you want your degree and can't have it.' I am out $25,000.00 dollars from these idiots. I feel so scammed and taken by these jerks. It hurts. I have this outstanding student loan, where as this scam college practice has taken my student loan money, which is by the way, compounding interest daily, I can not get a good pay job. When I got hired, it was a bust of a laugh, they said, you graduated from WHERE... ha ha ha :roll
... Show more

Aug 05

OMG all of you people are *** and yet you can neither write a proper sentence or use the proper words!

kris

Aug 29, 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana

I was a bmc student. I am not allowed to return to finish my last class because I have a previous balance. I received a pell disbursement then was told I was no longer eligible for the grants. It was suggested that I withdraw from classes until I paid the balance. From what I have read on this site, it seems like they are making it impossible for people to graduate.

2 0 Reply
Ashley

Mar 15, 2013 Fort Mitchell, Kentucky

I am a student at Brown Makcie currently completing my externship for the paralegal program. 2 years ago I was lied to by brown mackie employees; they told me my credits would transfer to most all schools, that I would have no problem continuing my education. I informed them that I wanted to start with a paralegal degree. I told them that I wanted to obtain my bachelors degree so I could go on to law school and asked them if that would be possible she looked me in the eye and told me yes; that brown mackies credits would be sufficient enough to get me into law school. I later found out that NO other school will take my credits. NO law school will accept my credits. I just wasted two years of my life not to mention the thousands of dollars I spent on a useless education.

Aug 05

Learn to spell and use proper grammar before trying to be a paralegal. It is mandatory!

rosez926

Mar 05, 2013 Cincinnati, Ohio

Hello I am a current student at Brown Mackie in Cincinnati Ohio and was supposed to be graduating in Sept. but because of issues my program is supposedly having with extern sites it appears that myself and several of the other surgical students I am in class with won't be graduating when we are supposed to be. I would like to know more about this lawsuit because we keep getting the go around by everyone and things just don't seem to be getting accomplished. Like I said we are almost done (hopefully)and like many have already stated credits don't transfer so what would be the point in us basically starting all over.

NSF

Mar 24, 2013 Cincinnati, Ohio

I would like to know more about your situation. I too am supposed to graduate in September, but as of tonight, I suddenly have a balance to pay before 4/8 that I was not informed of. I was told in Professional development 20 months ago that the school was accredited by the career services director. I only found out on my own that credits don't transfer. And it was only by accident that I found out about the EDMC lawsuit.

Jen

Feb 07, 2013

I am currently enrolled at Brown Mackie Fort Wayne, In. I have also been told my crdeits will transfer. My financial aid is all over the place. I feel that I am being cheated. There are too many issues to say. If there is anything that I can do, please help. I am so exhuated with this whole process.

Regrets

Jan 18, 2013 The Dalles, Oregon

I would be interested in being kept up to date about the class action lawsuit. My daughter has attended Brown Mackie in Albuquerque. This is the first I've heard that her credits may not be transferable, she wants to go on for a bachelor's. The administration has been flaky, she ended up paying more than she was told she would, constant increases in tuition once she was too far into the program to get out, constant screwups, terribly bad organization. Please keep me informed at prhiannon@gmail.com. Thank you.

Ryan.Brassard

Dec 22, 2012 Indianapolis, Indiana

Yes i am still receiving you comments, and yes we are still accepting people. Sorry i haven't been on in a while. We are choosing the best place to file now and given the huge response we are still getting from former and current students,and employees we are going to sit and wait to get as many people with us as possible we are up to about 500 now including several employees,directors,and 2 former deans who have given statements and said they will stand by us. I will up date periodically. Keep the emails Coming! Ryan.Brassard@yahoo.com

Amy2013

Feb 27, 2013 Fort Wayne, Indiana

I am a former student who graduated from Brown Mackie College, Practical Nursing program in 2009. I would like to be involved in the class action lawsuit against Brown Mackie. My experience at Brown Mackie has caused emotional and financial stress. I am trying to figure out why I owe so much in student loans as I qualified for the max pell grant and made payments while attending college. The education I received did not prepare me for the workforce. My nursing clinicals for pediatrics consisted of observing children at an after school daycare. I have my own children I observe everyday however there were not enough pediatric clinical sites so I was jipped out of an education and ripped off. Also, I believe I had to repeat classes and failed classes unfairly in order for the school to gain more money and grants. Overall my experience was awful and I could go on and on about the unethical practices of Brown Mackie. The school preys on low income students making false promises of a better future while providing below average education and poor clinical learning. Brown Mackie is money driven and takes complete advantage of there students. By the time I realized the greed/scam of the school it was too late because credits do not transfer therefore I had to complete the program. Please let me know if I can take part in this lawsuit or give any advice you may have to start my own lawsuit. Thanks

Oct 20, 2013 South Bend, Indiana

Ryan I am a former student of Brown Mackie College in South Bend, IN I graduated in July of 2011, until this day I can not get work in the field that I spent 2 years of my life going to school for because they are holding my transcripts until I pay them $1200 dollars that they say I owe them. In the two years at this school they did not have a class for and I had to sit out, which they said i would have to drop and then pay $300 each time to come back to class to finish my degree. They refused payment arrangement so that I could take my national board exam to work in the field i went to school for. I have recently found out that they have written me off as a bad debt and still refuse to work with me to release my transcripts. Frustrated and not sure what to do now... Please contact me at morrowa69@outlook.com if you have any suggestions at all!!! :sigh :(

0 0 Reply
Current employee ready to blow

Dec 12, 2012

I have been employed in a full time position in the academics department for 5 years. In that time, I have seen numerous questionable tactics. Up until recently, I was able to stand my ground on moral and ethical issues affecting MY students. Being the advocate for my students has not been easy in this environment and my opinions of said wrong doings did not go unnoticed by upper management. I capped the program as to not flood the job market with grads who can not find work. This too did not go unnoticed. Because of the waves I made "doing the right thing" in conjunction with the college not making enough money off my program and my job, has been slated for termination in 2014. The program wasn't making enough money with the way I set it up...the correct way with students and their quality education in mind. My career at Brown Mackie has changed my views on education in this country. This school has a lot of teachers, with a lot of heart, all trying to do their best with the very little resources the college provides them. I have hundreds of experiences of shady practices at this school. I can no longer hold the line of right and wrong. As much as it pains me to leave my students, I can not in good conscience do and say what the school is forcing upon me. I wish everyone the best of luck getting their lives back on track after leaving this school. Don't give up on the significance of a quality education. You can better your lives and the lives of your families through... Show more

1-20 of 67 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.